(Click main picture to view in larger format, arrow keys or mouse to navigate, takes a minute to load)
PRICE LOWERED TO $30,900!
Bright Motorcars is excited to have for sale this 2000 Porsche 911 Carrera 4 Millennium Edition, #91 of 911!. This car is 1 OWNER, PAMPERED, IMPECCABLY MAINTAINED, with ALL SERVICE RECORDS, and ONLY 36,250 MILES!
Most 996 (1999-2004) 911 Carreras have been passed through many hands, have tons of miles, and have not been treated with the respect they deserve. This car is a time capsule into what a 911 looked like in 2000. Cars like this don’t come along every day. There are in fact only 911 of this model ever made worldwide. Ultra rare, ultra low miles, unique Violet Chromaflair Metallic paint, and about as loaded with factory options as you can get with a year 2000 911 Carrera 4.
We are so confident of the condition of this car we are including a 6 month extended warranty! (Which can be upgraded to a longer duration contract if you so choose)
This is really a cool car. This paint is fascinating. Under most lighting situations it looks like a luxurious brown, and when put into direct sunlight with strong overhead rays the violet / purple shines through. The “Natural Brown” interior contrasts nicely with the exterior color, and just about everyone who has been by the dealership has commented on how cool of a color combination it is. Of course it’s an all-wheel drive Carrera 4, which in and of itself is one of the more rare configurations of the 911. Really, just cool all the way around. (Here is a great article about the Millennium Edition from Total 911)
This car was owned by an enthusiast its entire life (i.e. Its a 1 owner car), has always been a San Diego CA car, and was serviced regularly and exclusively by the same dealership throughout its life. It has a CLEAN CARFAX report and has extensive records from day 1 of ownership. [Look further down for a list of maintenance work performed] This car also comes with all original owner’s manuals, as well as all 3 keys (2 full function remote keys, and 1 plastic ‘wallet’ key), as well as the the special tag identifying the unique key code in case you need to replace a key at a later date.
The Millennium Edition 996 (996 is Porsche’s internal designation on 911’s from 1999 through the first half of 2005) came heavily optioned (just about fully loaded) and all of them were optioned the same, so as to ensure the integrity of the limited edition nature. The initial price was $89,765 in the year 2000. Here is the original factory “build sheet” showing included options;
This car has an exceptional “Over Rev” report as well. Porsches keep track of how often the engine is at redline, and if it ever goes ABOVE redline. This car has spent a mere 2.8 seconds at redline, and has NEVER BEEN OVER REV’d in its history.
These Millennium Edition cars came from the factory with chromed wheels, and it turns out this chrome was known to flake off regardless of mileage. In addition, chrome wheels on a Porsche is a bit (a lot) out of style, so we had the remaining chrome professionally removed and the wheels powder coated in “Porsche Silver” which is the exact color used on the majority of Porsche wheels over the past 20 years. We think its a HUGE improvement from the factory chrome. Another known weak point of these cars are the burlwood armrests on the doors. They are made from very thin lacquered bent wood and are known to fail, also from time more so than miles or use. They were previously replaced once on this car by the previous owner about 8 years ago, and rather than replace them again (knowing the NEXT owner would have to do it yet again in the future) we opted to replace the arm rests with a color matched leather wrapped option. We think it looks just as good, and should last SIGNIFICANTLY longer than the original wood option.
Many people who have researched these cars are concerned with the status of the Intermediate Shaft Bearing (generally referred to as the IMS). We have chosen to leave the IMS un-modified on this car, as the potential new owner might want to keep the car stock for collector purposes, or might want to upgrade the IMS with one of the various options available on the market. We have excellent relationships with multiple top-notch Porsche mechanics and can facilitate and advise on what the best option is for you.
Condition of consumables;
- TIRES: Continental Contisport Contact 2 in 225/40R18 front & 265/35R18 rear
- 9/32″ (90%) Front
- 8/32″ (80%) Rear
- FRONT BRAKES: Rotors @ 55% life, Pads @ 80%
- REAR BRAKES: Rotors @ 75% life, Pads @ 80%
- 5/2017 @ 36034 miles: Check Engine Light caused by lack of driving. Multi-point Inspection completed at dealership (passed all tests).
- 2/2017 @ 35852 miles: Replace all ignition coils, replace Spark Plug #4.
- 9/2016 @ 35678 miles: Check Engine Light caused by lack of driving. Oil & Filter change. Battery and battery tray replaced.
- 1/2015 @ 34932 miles: Oil & Filter change. Brake Fluid flush & replacement per manufacturer guidelines.
- 5/2013 @ 34112 miles: Oil & Filter change. Brake Fluid flush & replacement per manufacturer guidelines. Replace wood trim door handles left and right. Install front license plate bracket & spacers.
- 5/2011 @ 32489 miles: 4 new tires mount & balance. Perform 4 wheel alignment. Oil & Filter change. Winshield washer line loose, re-attach and secure.
- 5/2010 @ 31625 miles: Brake Fluid flush & replacement per manufacturer guidelines. Perform Air Bag inspection as per manufacturers recommendation. Oil & Filter change. Replace mass air sensor.
- 4/2009 @ 28517 miles: Replace windshield washer motor. Brake Fluid flush & replacement per manufacturer guidelines. Oil & Filter change.
- 6/2008 @ 27748 miles: Oil & Filter change.
- 2/2007 @ 26449 miles: Oil & Filter change. Windshield Wiper Blades replaced. Brake Fluid flush & replacement per manufacturer guidelines.
- 1/2006 @ 25813 miles: Oil & Filter change.
- 11/2004 @ 24788 miles: Perform airbag maintenance inspection. Brake Fluid flush & replacement per manufacturer guidelines. Replace Spark Plugs. Replace Air Filter. Replace cabin air filter.
- 5/2002 @ 20491 miles: Service bulletin W201 to update DME. Replace broken air duct. Fix creaking rattle from front windshield. Reinstalled front bumper temperature sensor.
- 11/2000 @ 11475 miles: Replace o2 sensor pre-cat.
- 9/2000 @ 9716 miles: Replace o2 sensor behind catalytic. Replace shift knob because top button adhesive failed.
- 8/2000 @ 9643 miles: Re-attach loose headliner causing rattling. Check engine light on (later addressed by O2 sensor replacements)
- 6/2000 @ 7884 miles: Oil & Filter change. Stitching loose on door panel, replaced with new part. Update DME to fix fuel level gauge.
- 2/2000 @ 2284 miles: Right Front turn signal bulb replaced.
*** Bright Motorcars strives to sell the cleanest, most immaculate cars and we go to great lengths to ensure that all of our cars are the nicest on the market, period. Read our Yelp Reviews to see what our past buyers say about us and the cars we sell. We have partnerships with various high-end vendors and shops here in the San Diego area to provide mechanical upgrades, stereo enhancements, ceramic exterior protection, Clear Bra paint protection film & detailing services. We can help facilitate an out of state/out of area purchase, pre-purchase inspections, high-resolution pictures, airport rides if you want to come check out the car, discounted shipping rates, the works, give us a call!