(Click main picture to view in larger format, arrow keys or mouse to navigate, takes a minute to load)
We feel that 2006-2008 (987.1) Cayman S’s continue to be the sports-car bargain of the year! You get so much car, so much performance, such a melding of classic Porsche style and modern Porsche conveniences for so much less than these cars cost when they came out. Barely over 3000 pounds, almost 300 Horsepower, 235mm and 265mm section width tires front and back, and a 7200rpm redline. These Cayman S’s are such an incredible joy to drive, dare we say as fun as their 911 siblings, and just as, if not more nimble than the aforementioned Carreras.
This is a particularly cool car because of its condition, this was one of the rare cars that isn’t dented / dinged / scratched / ripped / torn in anyway, and has clearly been taken excellent care of by its previous caretakers (owners). In addition, this car has the PERFECT modifications in our opinion, being; Valentine-1 radar detector hard mounted right beside the rear view mirror, and an upgraded stereo system with Bluetooth, perfect-fit subwoofer, and amplifier. Which is the one real weakness in this era Porsches, they never had a great way to connect your own devices to them. Read more about the specifics of this killer sound system below.
The overall condition of this car is exceptional, it has a tad over 57,000 miles, but sheesh, its been well taken care of! No curb rash, no scratches on the seats, no wear on the soft-touch coating on the center console (as this car has a rare factory option for painted center console). It’s a Southern California car since new, specifically San Diego, so not a lick of rust (obviously!). We have a folder with all its service records since new.
We are including a 6 month extended warranty with this car! (Which can be upgraded to a longer duration contract if you so choose)
It comes equipped with Bridgestone Potenza RE050a tires in 235/35R19 in front and 265/35/R19 in the rear with a little more than 50% treadwear remaining. It has brand new Front Brake Rotors with pads at 53%, and in the Rear the rotors have 55% left with BRAND NEW pads. The oil has been changed regularly, every 7500 miles (or based on time when minimal mileage was driven) with Mobile-1 Porsche spec 5W40. It has valid registration through January of 2018 saving you California buyers registration fees.
Here is the Factory Build Sheet;
This has a somewhat unique build we haven’t really seen before on a 987 Cayman, and has some really noteworthy traits of said build as well as the modifications that were done to the car;
- FULL LEATHER INTERIOR. This just really classy’s up the interior. The dashboard, the center console side’s with matching stitching, it just looks so good with the Stone Grey interior contrasted with the Arctic Silver Exterior.
- Carrera Classic 19″ wheels. These are considered the most desirable wheels for 2006-2008 Cayman’s, as well as 2005-2008 911 Carreras. A nice set of these wheels used (without tires) will generally set you back $2000 and we really think are the best-looking wheel option for a 987.
- Upgraded Stereo system. As mentioned earlier this is the area in which the car can use the most improvement, and the previous owner did it right (we estimate about a $3000 setup). They went with;
- Pioneer AVIC-X920BT CD / DVD / USB / AUX / NAVIGATION / BLUETOOTH / TOUCHSCREEN stereo deck. Programmed to display the Porsche logo upon bootup (so cool!), you can read about its capabilities HERE.
- JL Audio subwoofer installed in a custom box with perfectly matching carpet fit cleverly into the rear trunk.
- Kenwood amplifier to provide power to the sub (brilliantly installed in the CD Changer area in the front trunk).
- Sport Steering wheel (usually reserved for 911 Carrera S models!)
- Sport Shifter, which is Porsche’s name for a short shift kit, we have NEVER seen one in a 987.1 Cayman, and it is simply sublime to drive with this factory option.
- Center Console painted in matching Arctic Silver metallic.
- Manual seats. Most Cayman’s have power seats, which work well enough, but we really like the manual seats. They are really ‘driver’ focused, slide forward or back much quicker, and save weight over the motorized power seats. They are also THE most sought after seat sliders for endurance race cars (It’s what we run in our race car actually, they are simply the best out in the world, period).
- Valentine-1 Radar Detector, which is pre-wired with the power wire running up to the right of the rear view mirror, and it comes with the Valentine-1 detector, though of course, we aren’t advocating speeding on public roads!
To us this is definitely a special car, and one we were excited to find, because of the minimal build with just the right and unique options. If we were to keep this car for ourselves about the only thing we would do would be to have the wheels powder coated a dark anthracite metallic gray, which would really offset the Arctic Silver exterior. Like this 911 we previously had in stock.
We fully believe that car’s condition, mechanically and cosmetically, counts for much more than just mileage. We have seen 20,000-mile cars before that we had to pass up because they were simply beaten up and were not up to our standard. This car exemplifies the exact type of car we are excited to find! Our goal is to offer cars just like this; extra clean, extra nice enthusiast sports cars for people that understand the magic and mystique of rowing through the gears on a proper sports car.
A little bit of history on the Porsche Cayman; When the 987 (internal designation from Porsche) was released it simply blew people away, some people said; “It’s what the Boxster should have been from the get go”. It’s a perfect blend of style, functionality, mid-engine driveline, power, weight, and handling. It’s truly one of our favorite Porsches that’s been manufactured in the past 25 years, and while the prices for these have dropped somewhat, the performance, fun, and cachet associated with them has not!
We love fielding calls with any questions or additional information, so feel free to call / text / write!
*** Bright Motorcars strives to sell the cleanest, most immaculate cars and we go to great lengths to ensure that all of our cars are the nicest on the market, period. Read our Yelp Reviews to see what our past buyers say about us and the cars we sell.
We have partnerships with various high-end vendors and shops here in the San Diego area to provide mechanical upgrades, stereo enhancements, ceramic exterior protection & detailing services. We can also have Porsche logo / stripes along each side installed for a very reasonable price (example).
We can help facilitate an out of state/out of area purchase, pre-purchase inspections, high-resolution pictures, airport rides if you want to come check out the car, discounted shipping rates, the works, give us a call!