(Click main picture to view in larger format, arrow keys or mouse to navigate, takes a minute to load)
One doesn’t stumble upon a car like this every day. This is a 1 OWNER, ALL ORIGINAL, PAMPERED, IMPECCABLY MAINTAINED 1999 Porsche 911 Carrera, with ALL SERVICE RECORDS, AN UPDATED IMS BEARING (as a preventative measure), and ONLY 39,000 MILES! Most 996 (1999-2004) 911 Carreras have been passed through many hands, have tons of miles, and have not been treated with the respect they deserve. This car is a time capsule into what a 911 looked like in 1999.
The owner is a long time Porsche Club of America member, and all around Porsche enthusiast. This car was his pride and joy for 18 years, why is he selling it you ask, because he just bought a 1960’s 911 RSR to focus his attention on, and simply doesn’t have the garage space to house both cars. This car was ordered to his exact specifications, and in his 18 years of ownership has been driven in the rain exactly two times (which is made possible by living in San Diego), and has been parked outside at night less than 50 times. With those instances being for PCA cruises, Monterey car week, and weekend touring adventures around California.
Its hard to stress enough the fabulous condition of this car. We were truly blown away when the owner brought it in to show us this gem. Things like the clarity of the headlights, the lack of ANY curb rash, the fact that the car has not ever had a single dent or ding, the shape of the leather interior, headliner, steering wheel and gear shift knob. Check out the pictures below for a very accurate snapshot of this time capsule 911.
All maintenance was rigorously carried out on or before schedule, and never an expense was spared to insure the car got the very best treatment. In late 2015 with 36,866 miles on the clock the IMS Bearing (Intermediate Shaft Bearing) was replaced with an aftermarket upgraded unit by LN Engineering. This was done as a preventive step to address the one potential achilles heel of this era 911. See below for a more thorough account of maintenance performed.
This car has had ZERO redline shifts and no over rev’s as reported by the report from the ECU scanner;
We truly believe in representing only the finest sports cars and wouldn’t usually carry a 996 because most are not in pristine condition, but this might actually be one of, if not THE nicest car we have yet had in our inventory. We really commend the owner on his dedication to maintaining the condition of the vehicle throughout its life, and of course this car has a binder of every receipt, multiple magazine articles about the 996 model, all 3 original keys, window sticker, owners manual, VHS introduction video tape, the works. Also included in addition to the factory grey floormats are a almost new set of CoCo #2 natural floor mats, and a form fitting car cover.
And just in case you are looking for the ultimate in peace of mind we offer a very affordable aftermarket warranty for up to 37 months / 37,000 miles, and can even provide attractive financing options (even given this car is 18 years old!)
Here is the factory build sheet;
Condition of consumables;
- TIRES: Brand New Hankook Ventus V12 EVO2 Tires in 225/40R18 & 265/35R18
- FRONT BRAKES: Rotors @ 65% life, Pads @ 53%
- REAR BRAKES: Rotors @ 75% life, Pads @ 52%
- CLUTCH: 60% Remaining Life (measured when IMS Retrofit Bearing replaced)
- 3/2017 @ 39650 miles: Drivers Side valve cover ‘weeping’ oil, reseal.
- 12/2016 @ 39207 miles: Replaced battery, oil & filter change.
- 7/2015 @ 36866 miles (Pre-emptive Maintenance): IMS bearing Retrofit with LN Engineering Unit, New Oil Separator, New Water Pump & Gasket, New Thermostat, Radiator cap, Coolant Flush, Replace Horn Retaining Frame, New rear Deck Lid Shock, Replace Sticky Audio Knobs, new oil and filter (This was a $5200 Service!!!)
- 2/2015 @ 36384 miles: Brake Fluid Flush, Ln Engineering Spin-on Oil Filter Adapter Kit installed, Oil & Filter change
- 8/2012 @ 31846 miles: Oil & Filter change, Replace spark plug tubes and seals, smoke test car to find leaks – no leaks, magnetic oil drain plug installed,
- 11/2010 @ 287xx miles: Oil & Filter change
- 3/2009 @ 24416 miles: Oil & Filter change, Replaced coolant tank with associated seals, coolant flush, brake fluid flush.
- 12/2006 @ 21241 miles: Oil & Filter change, seat buckle update service bulletin performed to eliminate erroneous Airbag Light illumination – includes wiring harnesses, seat belt receptacles, drivers side seat belt buckle, Brake fluid flush, replacement battery, new wiper blades.
- 12/2004 @ 17682 miles: Oil & Filter change, fasten down outdoor window trim preventing buzzing noise
- 3/2003 @ 13231 miles: 15,000 mile service, Oil & Filter change, Replace pollen filter, radio button lettering peeling off – replaced radio, fuel filler cap service bulletin – replaced cap
- 11/2001 @ 9861 miles: Oil & Filter change, Brake fluid flush, center console hinge replaced, Replace rear main seal.
- 11/2000 @ 6349 miles: Right valve cover seal replaced, exhaust manifold gaskets replaced, Oil & Filter change.
- 3/1999 @ 104 miles: Replaced cooling system “Y” hose.
*** Bright Motorcars strives to sell the cleanest, most immaculate cars and we go to great lengths toensure that all of our cars are the nicest on the market, period. Read our Yelp Reviews to see what our past buyers say about us and the cars we sell. We have partnerships with various high-end vendors and shops here in the San Diego area to provide mechanical upgrades, stereo enhancements, ceramic exterior protection & detailing services. We can help facilitate an out of state/out of area purchase, pre-purchase inspections, high-resolution pictures, airport rides if you want to come check out the car, discounted shipping rates, the works, we love fielding calls with any questions or additional information, so please give us a call!
- 18inch Turbo Twist Wheels
- AM/FM Radio with CD Player
- Graphite Grey Optional Leather Interior
- Hi-Fi Sounds System
- Supple Leather Front and Rear Seats
|Layout / number of cylinders
||Flat 6 (boxer)
||258 lb.-ft. @ 4600 rpm
|Top Track Speed
|0 - 60 mph
||6 Speed Manual
|Track, Front / Rear
||57.28 in. / 59.06 in.
|Luggage compartment volume
||4.6 cu. ft. (front trunk)
|Fuel Tank Capacity