(Click main picture to view in larger format, arrow keys or mouse to navigate, takes a minute to load)
We are excited to have this car back in our stable (even for a short while till its new owner is found)! We sold this car to a gentleman in March of this year, but unfortunately, he has recently had an accident that won’t allow him to drive a manual transmission car any longer, and true to his word he gave us first crack at getting the car back from him. Only about 4000 miles were put on the car in the past 8 months, and the condition is really just about the same as when we sold it initially.
This is sort of our goal, sell cars, and then whenever the buyer wants to part with it, call us first, so we can get it back from you and turn it over to its next caretaker! Here’s all the info about the car. We priced this one to sell quickly, and it really is as nice as the pictures make it out to be!
We feel that 2006-2008 (987.1) Cayman S’s continue to be the sports-car bargain of the year! You get so much car, so much performance, such a melding of classic Porsche style and modern Porsche conveniences for so much less than these cars cost when they came out. Barely over 3000 pounds, almost 300 Horsepower, 235mm and 265mm section width tires front and back, and a 7200rpm redline. These Cayman S’s are such an incredible joy to drive, dare we say as fun as their 911 siblings, and just as, if not more nimble than the aforementioned Carreras.
This is a particularly cool car because of its condition, this was one of the rare cars that isn’t dented / dinged / scratched / ripped / torn in any way, and has clearly been taken excellent care of by its previous caretakers (owners). In addition, this car has the PERFECT modifications in our opinion, being; Hard wiring for Valentine-1 radar detector right beside the rear view mirror (provide your own V1), and an upgraded stereo system with Bluetooth, perfect-fit subwoofer, and amplifier. Which is the one real weakness in this era Porsches, they never had a great way to connect your own devices to them. Read more about the specifics of this killer sound system below.
The overall condition of this car is exceptional, it has a tad over 61,000 miles, but sheesh, its been well taken care of! No curb rash, no scratches on the seats, no wear on the soft-touch coating on the center console (as this car has a rare factory option for painted center console). It’s a Southern California car since new, specifically San Diego, so not a lick of rust (obviously!). We have a folder with all its service records.
It comes equipped with Bridgestone Potenza RE050a tires in 235/35R19 in front and 265/35/R19 in the rear with a little more than 50% treadwear remaining. It has almost new Front Brake Rotors with pads at 50%, and in the Rear the rotors have 53% left with almost NEW pads. The oil has been changed regularly, every 7500 miles (or based on time when minimal mileage was driven) with Mobile-1 Porsche spec 5W40.
Here is the Factory Build Sheet;
This has a somewhat unique build we haven’t really seen before on a 987 Cayman, and has some really noteworthy traits of said build as well as the modifications that were done to the car;
- FULL LEATHER INTERIOR. This just really classy’s up the interior. The dashboard, the center console side’s with matching stitching, it just looks so good with the Stone Grey interior contrasted with the Arctic Silver Exterior.
- Carrera Classic 19″ wheels. These are considered the most desirable wheels for 2006-2008 Cayman’s, as well as 2005-2008 911 Carreras. A nice set of these wheels used (without tires) will generally set you back $2000 and we really think are the best-looking wheel option for a 987.
- Upgraded Stereo system. As mentioned earlier this is the area in which the car can use the most improvement, and the previous owner did it right (we estimate about a $3000 setup). They went with;
- Pioneer AVIC-X920BT CD / DVD / USB / AUX / NAVIGATION / BLUETOOTH / TOUCHSCREEN stereo deck. Programmed to display the Porsche logo upon bootup (so cool!), you can read about its capabilities HERE.
- JL Audio subwoofer installed in a custom box with perfectly matching carpet fit cleverly into the rear trunk.
- Kenwood amplifier to provide power to the sub (brilliantly installed in the CD Changer area in the front trunk).
- Sport Steering wheel (usually reserved for 911 Carrera S models!)
- Sport Shifter, which is Porsche’s name for a short shift kit, we have NEVER seen one in a 987.1 Cayman, and it is simply sublime to drive with this factory option.
- Center Console painted in matching Arctic Silver metallic.
- Manual seats. Most Cayman’s have power seats, which work well enough, but we really like the manual seats. They are really ‘driver’ focused, slide forward or back much quicker, and save weight over the motorized power seats. They are also THE most sought after seat sliders for endurance race cars (It’s what we run in our race car actually, they are simply the best out in the world, period).
To us, this is definitely a special car and one we were excited to find, because of the minimal build with just the right and unique options.
We fully believe that car’s condition, mechanically and cosmetically, counts for much more than just mileage. We have seen 20,000-mile cars before that we had to pass up because they were simply beaten up and were not up to our standard. This car exemplifies the exact type of car we are excited to find! Our goal is to offer cars just like this; extra clean, extra nice enthusiast sports cars for people that understand the magic and mystique of rowing through the gears on a proper sports car.
A little bit of history on the Porsche Cayman; When the 987 (internal designation from Porsche) was released it simply blew people away, some people said; “It’s what the Boxster should have been from the get go”. It’s a perfect blend of style, functionality, mid-engine driveline, power, weight, and handling. It’s truly one of our favorite Porsches that’s been manufactured in the past 25 years, and while the prices for these have dropped somewhat, the performance, fun, and cachet associated with them has not!
We offer some ‘upgrades’ for this car. We have secured a source of All Red Taillights, which are a Porsche OEM Exclusive Option. These are brand new real OEM Porsche taillights, and they change the appearance of the rear of the car quite profoundly. We also partner with some local shops that we feel do A++ work for clear bra paint protection film, window tinting, ceramic coating, and even wrapping if you want to get certain bits of the car wrapped in a contrasting color (such as the mirrors/wing/etc.). Here is an example of the special red tails (on a previous Cobalt Blue Cayman we had in stock);
We are a boutique dealership and really want to build relationships with customers and hope whoever buys this car treats it well and then returns for us to buy it back when it’s time for them to upgrade to a different car! Our focus is and will always be to represent cars that are the finest, cleanest, and best of breed vehicles, this car is exactly that! We REALLY think they’re one of the best values in the sports car market. We have found that the Cayman S will convert anybody into a Porsche fanatic after even a single drive behind the wheel.
*** Read our Yelp Reviews to see what our past buyers say about us and the cars we sell. We can help facilitate an out of state/out of area purchase, pre-purchase inspections, high-resolution pictures, airport rides if you want to come check out the car, discounted shipping rates, the works, give us a call!